Russia is indeed a riddle wrapped around a mystery inside an enigma. Aside from its physical bulk, Russia is outsize both literally and metaphorically. Russia is undeniably one of the most amazing countries and with winter around the corner, you can make your early reservations with Delta Airlines Reservations. There are many more interesting facts about Russia that you know and below are some of them.
- Russia is the largest country in the world in terms of area, covering about 17 million sq km which is more than one-ninth of Earth’s terrestrial area.
- Russia is home to the world’s longest railway, the Trans-Siberian railway which departs from Moscow in the west and travels to Vladivostok in the east. It takes 152 hours and 27 minutes to complete a 9,200km long journey.
- Russians is ranked fourth in the world when it comes to alcoholic consumption behind Belarus, Moldova, and Lithuania.
- In Moscow, there is a restaurant staffed entirely by twins that draws its inspiration from the 1964 Soviet film –Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors.
- In Moscow’s suburbs, some Russians play golf with helicopters. Although the scale is much bigger, players guide the ball through the snowy route, using a 10-kilogram stick.
- Russia is home to Petergof, a city even more luxurious than Versailles. Created during the first half of the 18th century by order of Peter the Great, the city was supposed to rival the famous Versailles in luxuriousness. With over 150 fountains, four gigantic cascades were constructed on-site along with 225 bronze sculptures.
- Moscow’s Kremlin is home to the biggest active medieval fortress in the world that spans more than 27 hectares (67 acres). The walls of the fortress is over 2.5 kilometers long and around twenty towers are sprinkled across the grounds, each with its own personal name.
Travel to some of the most hidden parts of the world with Delta Airlines Flights. Get a chance to take advantage of the world-class facilities while on board at an affordable cost. Visit Delta Airlines Official Site for more information.